Friday, April 20, 2007

Rustle The Leaf

You've probably noticed that once a week there is a little comic strip at the bottom of each post. Maybe it's too small to read the words (sorry about that - I can't make it any bigger on the page) but if you click the panel you can view a larger version of the strip.

The strip is Rustle the Leaf, and Rustle has his own web site which is worth a visit. As well as an archive of all the Rustle strips since 2003, you can watch four animated Rustle movies, send e-cards, download colouring pages, e-books, wallpapers, lesson plans, and read the Rustle blog which gives more background to the issues raised in the comic strips. It's all free, and unlike too many other comic strips you are positively encouraged to include the strips on your own website.

It's not laugh-out-loud funny, but then again I don't think I ever laughed out loud at a "Peanuts" strip ("The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers" were more my thing), but it's wry, beautifully drawn, and an antidote to the hand-wringing earnestness of too many green activists.

I hope you enjoy the weekly strips. I'll keep adding them as long as Ponce and Wright keep drawing them. I hope that's a long time to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are good so I say keep 'em!

I'm a hugh Strong Bad fan - if you haven't had the pleasure, you must watch him: http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html