Friday, February 01, 2008

Rechargable Battery Challenge Results

Rechargable Battery Challenge Pie ChartAt the beginning of January I challenged Bean Sprouts Readers to get a battery recharger and use it instead of buying disposable batteries which contain all kinds of nasty substances and should never be thrown into landfill.

A record-breaking 119 people voted in the challenge poll, which is really amazing. The votes were as follows:


  • I've gone green! I've got a battery recharger 32 votes (26%)
    I was already green! I always use rechargable batteries! 79 votes (66%)
    I don't want to! I love my copper-tops! 2 votes (2%)
    I'm greener than thou! I don't use devices that need batteries! 6 votes (5% )
If it's really true that 32 people went out and bought battery rechargers because of Bean Sprouts, then I am absolutely thrilled. Keep on using them, and you'll save money, save energy, and keep dangerous chemicals out of the landfill.

A new challenge for February will be posted soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just remember to unplug the charger when you're not using it.