Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Big Green Gathering Update



I have written before about the financial crisis at the Big Green Gathering, Europe's biggest green festival. Green Radio, "a community radio station which broadcasts green politics and lifestyle to summer festivals and to the world at large", has created a short radio article about it. In it, the presenter interviews Brig Oubridge and Roger Smith of The Big Green Gathering, Margaret Robinson of Mendip District Council, and representatives of other festivals affected by the same legislation . You can listen to it using the little doodad - just press play (that's the button with a triangle, dad).

I'm still trying to find out what happened at the AGM on November 24th. There is nothing about it on the BGG website, the Save the BGG Facebook group, or anywhere else I can discover. If anyone knows what happened, please email me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip, Mel. Now, where do I find the "button with a triangle"? And how do you manage to sound condescending in print ?

Melanie Rimmer said...

Hee hee, sorry, dad. But you have to admit, if you can't even find the button with a triangle then I guessed right that you wouldn't be able to work the radio widget without help (you'll need to turn on images).

Anonymous said...

"Radio widget" ? "turn on images"? OK. I give in. Let's move on shall we?