Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Poynton Against Tesco

I took some photos in Poynton yesterday of all the "Poynton Against Tesco" posters I saw. I especially like the shopping bag (bottom centre). I'd have bought one, but the shop was closed, and none of the other shops knew anything about them.

There is certainly an amazing strength of feeling against building a new Tesco in Poynton. There is a "Poynton Against Tesco" website, a "Stop Tesco in Poynton" Facebook group with almost 300 members. Our MP supports the campaign against Tesco in Poynton. Over 6000 people have signed a petition against Tesco in Poynton, which is almost half the population of the village.

We don't want Tesco in Poynton. I hope they get the message. We couldn't be saying it any clearer.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Well all I can say is GOOD LUCK. They'll hear, but I don't suppose it'll make any difference. The trick will be to see if people can be persuaded to boycott it .... only how do you do that? We're all looking for ways to make life easier ...

Joanna said...

Sorry, that was rather pessimistic ... and I certainly didn't mean to be rude, although I think it may have come out that way ... it's just that it seems there's no way to beat these giants, once they've decided what they want