Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Barter

I've just bartered 4kg of runner beans (note to self - plant fewer next year) and 2 kg of yellow courgettes from the allotment for some apples, bananas and oranges at the local farm shop. I got talking to the shopkeeper and he's going to help me get some more chickens for myself and a neighbour who wants some too. That will save me having to go all the way to Warrington.

Edited at 14:04 - This is a shoutout to my dad, Bill, who has finally been dragged kicking and screaming into the 20th century, and is getting to grips with this new-fangled interweb thingy. Bet you can't figure out how to leave a comment, baldie.

5 comments:

Mel's Dad said...

Well, Mel, I think I've figured out how to comment. Have I got it right?

Melanie Rimmer said...

Yay! That's great, well done, dad.

Anonymous said...

you go uncle bill, its not that hard is it, if my mum can use a computer and a laptop anyone can lol

Melanie Rimmer said...

That's right, Amy. Hey, if your mum can use a computer how come she's never left a comment for me?

Anonymous said...

hey she isnt that good lol, i havent told her your blog address, sorry, i will tell her to have a look. she only uses the computers at work, i dont think she can switch this one on yet lol