Thursday, July 05, 2007

Win A Skooperbox

I've been given three packets of Skooperboxes, a recycled biodegradable dog-poop scooper. Most people I know re-use supermarket plastic bags to scoop poop, but more and more places are phasing out plastic carrier bags or banning them altogether. Other people don't like the hand-to-poop contact, even with an intervening layer of plastic, and would welcome an effective way of scooping poop without getting their hands warm.

You can win a package of Skooperboxes by solving the following logic puzzle:

Walking my dog in the park, I passed four other dogs and made the following observations. Shep had lovely golden fur. The black dog had a green collar. Patch was not white, and Bobby was not brown. Lucky had a blue collar, and the white dog did not have a red collar. Bobby's collar wasn't green, and one of the dogs had a yellow collar but I don't recall which one.

Can you match the dogs' names with their colour and the collars? Email your answers and your postal address to Bean Sprouts. Correct answers will be entered into a draw and the winners will be announced next Thursday. Good luck!

Edited at 10:06
Thanks to Steph for pointing out that I already know my own dog's name, colour etc. The puzzle is about the four other dogs I passed. There are only four dogs in the puzzle: four colours, four collars, four names.

6 comments:

benjymous said...

We've always used nappy bags - you can usually get a pack of a couple of hundred for a pound in your local pound store.

Ok, you still get that hand-to-poo sensation, but honestly, having owned a dog for 3 years now, and had to clean up after her twice a day, it really doesn't bother me at all :)


I guess the only issue is that they'll sit in landfill forever :-\

My parents used to have one of those bins buried in the back garden that composts all your dog waste, but it always smelt to high heaven!

Anonymous said...

I used to use waxed paper sandwich bags, til the firm that made them changed to plastic. Then I swapped to plasctic nappy bags because it's what I had around.
I wonder, now I'm greener, if I got another dog what I'd use rather than something plastic?

Lesley said...

Yes, benjymous, we too always use nappy bags, the little orange ones from Somerfield have long enough handles to allow you to tie a double knot before putting them in the poo bin. Fortunately my dog is well enough trained now to 'poo to order' at the flap of the orange bag, so I don't have to carry it too far!

Although I don't like the idea of the plastic in the landfill, I think it is far preferable to leaving smelly messes about the place for children to walk in!

And I try to compensate when I shop by carrying a folding shopping bag and always politely refusing plastic bags, and explaining why

Lesley said...

PS Sorry no time to do the puzzle.... taking the dog for a walk before it rains again!

Stephanie Appleton said...

Lucky for us our dog runs into the woods to go. We didn't even have to teach him that trick! :)

Lesley said...

OK! i give up!
I sent the answers, but the mail was not delivered!
As I said in the email which did not get there.... how sad am I to have the time to work out puzzles? However, I'm told that a puzzle a day keeps Altzheimer's away!